- In a PCM system, if the Quantization levels are increased from 2 to 8, i. Find the change in Signal to Quantization Noise ratio. ii.Find the change in Transmission Bandwidth.
- i. Convert the following signal x(t) = 10 cos (200πt) to a discrete signal x if sampling rate is 1000Hz. ii. Write the advantages of Digital Communication system over Analog Communication system.
- Draw the Basic Block Diagram of Digital Communication System and explain each block in detail.
- Deduce the expression for Signal to Quantization noise ratio in PCM system. Slip test-2
- A PCM source transmits four samples (messages) with a rate 2B samples /second. The probabilities of occurrence of these 4 samples (messages) are equally likely Find out the information rate of the source.
- A source produces 26 symbols with equal probability what is the average information produced by this source?
- State Mutual information. Prove any three properties of Mutual information.
- A source alphabet has 10 symbols with the given probabilities 0.02, 0.04, 0.17, 0.02, 0.16, 0.06, 0.03, 0.27, 0.20, 0.03 construct Shannon-Fano coding and calculate the efficiency.