Unit-4: Operational Amplifiers – Introduction to OP Amp, characteristics and applications – Inverting and Non-inverting Amplifiers, Summer, Integrator, Differentiator, Instrumentation Amplifier.
Digital System: Basic Logic Gates, Half, Full Adder and Subtractors.
- What are the four basic building blocks of Op-Amp explain each block in detail. 10M.
- Write in detail about Instrumentation amplifier.
- Design and realize Full Subtractor (Give the necessary expression and Truth table and Circuit diagram)
Short Answer questions:
- What are the ideal characteristics of OP-AMP?
- What is an operational amplifier? Mention some of its applications.
- A 5mV, 1 kHz sinusoidal signal is applied to the input of an OP-amp integrator for which R=100KΩ and C=1µF.Find the output voltage.
- What are the different parameters of an OP-amp? Sketch the circuit of a summer using OP-amp 741to get Vo= -(-V1+2V2-3V3).
- Write a note on basic logic gates.
- Draw the truth table of an EX-OR gate.
- State and prove De-Morgan’s theorems. Discuss the working of half adder and full adder and give their truth tables.
- Write a note on universal gates.
- Realize OR gate using NAND gates.
- What is half Subtractor? Realize full Subtractor using using NAND gate only.
- What is an op-amp? List the four building blocks of an op-amp.
- Draw the schematic symbol of an op-amp in detail. Write the expression for output voltage of an op-amp?
- What are the applications of op-amp?
- What are the advantages of op-amp?
- Why op-amp is named as op-amp?
- What are universal gates and why those are called as universal gates?
- Draw EX-OR and EX-NOR gates and give the truth tables of each gate.
- Name some basic logic gates draw their symbols and give the corresponding truth tables.
- Draw half adder and half Subtractor.
Long Answer questions:
- Draw and explain block diagram of op-amp in detail. Or what are the basic building blocks of an op-amp explain in detail.
- Write in detail about
- Half adder/ Full adder.
- Full Subtractor/ Half Subtractor.
- Explain the operation of inverting and non-inverting amplifier circuits using op-amp and calculate gain of each circuit in closed loop configuration.
- Define common mode rejection ratio (CMRR).a differential amplifier has a differential mode gain of 100 and common mode gain of 0.01 then find CMRR in dB?
- Write in detail about instrumentation amplifier.
- Explain the operation of the following circuits of op-amp in open loop configuration. a. Non –inverting amplifier. b. Inverting amplifier c. Differential amplifier.
- What are the characteristics of practical op-amp?
- Define slew rate of op amp? Problem on calculation of Slew rate.
- Explain how op-amp is used as Summer and difference amplifier or Subtractor.
Prepared by P.Lakshmi Prasanna