- Draw the h-parameter equivalent model of transistor in CE configuration and define the four h- parameters.
- Explain the construction of JFET (either n-channel or p-channel).
- Explain the current components of a BJT in detail with a neat sketch.
Short Answer Questions:
- Write the differences between JFET and BJT.
- What are three possible configurations of BJT?
- Define α, β and γ of a BJT write the relationship between them.
- What are three possible regions of a transistor (write about cut-off, active and saturation regions).
- What is base width modulation?
- Define four h-parameters of transistor. And draw general h-parameter model of a BJT.
- Define the following
- Bandwidth of an amplifier.
- Gain or amplification factor.
- Compare CE, CB and CC transistors.( in terms of input resistance, o/p resistance, current gain, voltage gain, phase shift and applications).
- What are the advantages of FET over BJT?
- Why FET is more preferable than BJT?
- How FET is known as uni polar device ? how do you compare FET with BJT?
- Why FET is called as voltage controlled device?
- What are the parameters of FET?
- What are the three possible configurations of FET?
- Give the relationship between gm , rd and µ.
- Draw the equivalent circuit diagram of FET in CS configuration.
- Why BJT is called as Current controlled device.
- Draw transfer and output characteristics of FET.
- Draw the symbols of NPN transistor,n channel FET and SCR.
- If the emitter of a transistor is open will there be any collector current.
Long Answer Questions:
- What is CB configuration? Draw the input and output characteristics of CB transistor. Explain in detail.
- Define α and β of a transistor and derive the relationship between them.
- Explain the current components of BJT in detail.
- Explain how transistor is working as an amplifier?
- Explain the working of CE amplifier with a neat circuit diagram. Derive expression for input resistance, and current gain using h parameter equivalent circuit.
- Draw the hybrid equivalent circuit of an NPN BJT in CE configuration. Derive expressions for Av, Ai, Ri,
- Calculate the values of Ic and Ib, for a transistor with α=.99,Ico=5µA,Ib=20µA.
- Draw a simple inverter circuit and explain its operation.
- Draw the h-parameter model of CE transistor and explain how h-parameters are calculated from CE characteristics.
- Explain the construction and working of FET (either n-channel or p-channel).
- Draw output and transfer characteristics of FET explain the working of /FET through them.
- Derive the relationship between gm, rd and µ.
- Write the comparisons between FET and BJT.
- How FET is working as an amplifier?
- Explain the working operation of NPN and PNP transistors.
- Explain various operation regions of a transistor in detail.
- What is CE configuration? Draw the input and output characteristics of CB transistor. Explain in detail.
- What is CC configuration? Draw the input and output characteristics of CB transistor. Explain in detail.
- What are the disadvantages of BJT? Why FET is preferred over BJT? Give the applications of FET.
- Explain the working of JFET And explain the parameters of JFET.
ALL THE BEST
Prepared by P.Lakshmi Prasanna