Data Acquisition systems: Study of transducer (LVDT, Strain gauge, Temperature, Force).
Photo Electric Devices and Industrial Devices: Photo diode, Photo Transistor, LED, LCD, SCR, UJT Construction and Characteristics only.
Display Systems: Constructional details of C.R.O and Applications.
- Explain with neat sketch, the working principle of LVDT.
- Give the applications of CRO. Explain the Block diagram of Cathode ray tube in detail. 10M.
- Write a short note on LED and LCD.
Short Answer questions:
- Distinguish between photodiode and LED.
- Why is SCR known as negative resistance device?
- What are the different types of transducers used for the measurement of temperature. Explain the principle of any of these.
- Draw the symbol of a SCR and VI characteristics .explain its principle of operation.
- What is meant by sensitivity in a CRO and explain the necessity of a saw tooth generation of a CRO.
- What are the important characteristics of an LCD?
- What is an LVDT? By means of a neat sketch explain how a LVDT is used in measurements.
- Give the block diagram of a CRO, Explaining the importance of each block.
- Explain about an instrumentation amplifier.
- Write a note on UJT.
- How are DIAC and TRIAC different from operational point of view.
- What is a transducer?
- List out the applications of a SCR.
- Explain the principle involved in a strain gauge.
- Draw the symbols of SCR, TRIAC, DIAC and UJT.
Long Answer questions:
- Explain the working of Cathode Ray Tube of CRO with neat block diagram in detail.
- What are the applications of CRO?
- Differentiate Photo Diode and Photo Transistor in detail in terms of operation and applications.
- Differentiate LED and LCD in detail in terms of operation and applications.
- Explain the working of SCR and draw the characteristics of it.
- Explain the working of UJT and draw the characteristics of it.
ALL THE BEST
Prepared by P.Lakshmi Prasanna